Using the SLPL Hotspot, you can connect up to 15 devices and enjoy unlimited data.
- Library cardholders can request a Hotspot to be delivered to any St. Louis Public Library location through the Library's online catalog.
- Hotspots may be checked out by adult cardholders (18 years or older) with full access accounts, in good standing.
- Borrowers must abide by the policies of the St. Louis Public Library, including the Library Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
- There is a limit of one Hotspot per household.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 21 days.
- Hotspots may be renewed if there are no holds.
- Fines are $1 per day. At 42 days overdue, a replacement cost of $100 will be charged to the cardholder’s account.
- Hotspots may be returned to any St. Louis Public Library location or book drop. They may not be returned to any other library system in the St. Louis area.
- Service will be disabled once a Hotspot is overdue.
- You must return the Hotspot with all the original components (Hotspot device, charger, cord and case) for the Library to consider the item checked in and returned.
- Please fully charge the Hotspot device before you return it.
Replacement fee for individual missing components:
- Device - $75
- Charger - $10
- Cord - $5
- Case - $10
- If the Hotspot is lost or damaged beyond repair, a $100.00 fee will be charged to your Library account.
The Library’s Hotspot User Guide provides instructions for connecting the Hotspot to your device - laptop, tablet, or smart phone. Instructions are also included on the back of the Hotspot.
Frequently Asked Questions provides more information about using the Hotspots.