Brainfuse HelpNow provides free online homework help and one-on-one tutors for grades K-12 and adult learners. Live tutors are available every day from 2pm-11pm. Video content and other resources are also available 24 hours a day. Receive personalized assistance in core subjects, including: math, reading, writing, science, social studies).
Creativebug provides access to 1,000+ video classes on arts and crafts techniques. Learn how to paint, knit, crochet, sew, screenprint, bake, and more!
Interactive, instructor-led online courses covering a wide range of topics. Free for cardholders. New six week courses start on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Please read the syllabus and course requirements carefully prior to enrolling, as SLPL cannot drop or transfer you from a course.
- If you don't visit the week 2 class of a course within 13 days of the start of the course, you are automatically dropped from the course. There is no penalty for dropped courses. You can enroll for the same course again in the next six-week session.
- You are allowed one, 10-day extension after the final exam due date to finish your course. SLPL cannot provide additional extensions.
LearningExpress Library’s unique, self-guided, interactive, online learning platform provides users with a comprehensive selection of academic and career-oriented resources. More than a database, it offers tools needed to conduct successful job searches, resume and cover letter builders and educational test preparation materials (HiSET, ACT, SAT), plus much more, all on one platform.
Explore over 16,000 online video courses to learn the latest software, creativity and business skills. View short tutorials or comprehensive courses on hundreds of topics taught by expert instructors.
To access the LinkedIn Learning app on your smartphone or tablet, download the app here (Apple and Google Play), then enter our Library ID. The Library ID is stlouispubliclibrary. It is case-sensitive, use all lowercase letters.
Access to over 60 foreign-language courses and 17 English courses taught in the native language of the user. Each Mango lesson incorporates the four key conversational components crucial for successful communication: vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
NYTimes Cooking is a service of The New York Times. It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide, available on all platforms that helps home cooks of every level discover the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks.
To access NYTimes Cooking, you must redeem a code. The code lasts for 24 hours. At the end of the 24 hours, you can repeat the process and receive another code.
- Click here or select NYTimes Cooking above
- Redeem your code for digital access to NYTimes Cooking. (The code will be pre-populated). Select the Redeem button.
- Log in or create an account. First-time users will need to create an account or login with Facebook, Google, or Apple.
- Start Cooking! Enjoy your 24 hours access to NYTimes Cooking.
Improve your test scores, find a college or university, explore careers, prepare for vocational tests, and explore financial aid and scholarship offerings with Peterson's Test Prep! Access free, full-length online practice exams for standardized tests, including the GED, civil service/licensing, ACT, SAT, cosmetology, postal service, and much more.