Enjoy a story in the great outdoors! St. Louis Public Library is working with community partners to place Storybook Walks throughout St. Louis. Take in a great story as you enjoy a walk.
Ruth Porter Mall Park Storybook Walk
• April: A Way With Wild Things by Larissa Theule
• May: Mommy’s Khimar by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow
• June: I Am Perfectly Designed by Karamo Brown
• July: Like Sunshine on an Otherwise Miserable Day by Dr. Kelly M. Byrd
• August: The King of Kindergarten by Derrick Barnes
• September: One Little Lot: The 1-2-3’s of an Urban Garden by Diane C. Mullen
• October: Frankenslime by Joy Keller
• November: I Am the Wind by Michael Karg
Pop-Up Storybook Walk
The library’s “pop-up” storybook walk is a portable set of signs that we install around the city, in partnership with a community organization. We typically install our temporary storybook walks for three-week periods. If you are interested in hosting a temporary storybook walk in your community, please fill out this form.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vermont and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.