Enjoy a story in the great outdoors! St. Louis Public Library is working with community partners to place Storybook Walks throughout St. Louis. Take in a great story as you enjoy a walk.
Ruth Porter Mall Park Storybook Walk
Come enjoy a story in the great outdoors with our newest Storybook Walk in Ruth Porter Mall Park, a partnership with Great Rivers Greenway! You can find the Storybook Walk heading north from the intersection of Delmar Blvd and DeBaliviere Ave.
- February and March: PBS Drawn In Comic Book
- April: Dog Says, Cat Says by Marilyn Singer
- May: Love in the Library by Maggie Toduka-Hall
- June: Opal Lee and What it Means to be Free by Alice Faye Duncan
- July: The World Belonged to Us by Jacqueline Woodson
- August: Cannonball by Sacha Cotter
- September: Kick Push by Frank Morrison
- October: If You Find a Leaf by Aimee Sicuro
- November: We All Play by Julie Flett
- December: Logan’s Greenhouse by Janay Brown-Wood
Pop-Up Storybook Walk
The May pop-up features the book A Day for Rememberin' by Leah Henderson. It can be found at the Soldiers Memorial Court of Honor.
The library’s “pop-up” storybook walk is a portable set of signs that we install around the city, in partnership with a community organization. We typically install our temporary storybook walks for three-week periods. If you are interested in hosting a temporary storybook walk in your community, please fill out this form.
The June pop-up features the book Summer Color! by Diana Murray. It can be found at Francis Park, along the path running from Donovan Ave. toward the playground.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vermont and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.