In attendance were Nina North-Murphy, President, presiding; John Dubinsky, Jacque Land, Keith Savage, Thomas Schlafly, and David Sweeney.
Also present were Chief Executive Officer Waller McGuire and staff members Jermell Howard, Cathy Heimberger, Tiffany Davis, William Jackson, Mary Meyer, Joe Monahan, Angie Miraflor, Justin Struttmann, and Jen Wiese; Liz Reeves, Foundation, and Lisa Stump, Lashly & Baer. Vice President Vince Volpe joined at 5:50 p.m.
The meeting was called to order at 5:32 p.m. by Ms. North-Murphy.
Minutes: Mr. Savage's motion, seconded by Mr. Dubinsky, to approve the minutes of the February 1st, 2021 meeting was approved.
Public Comment: Mr. McGuire read a message received earlier today asking that the Library be reopened, and said that the response would be that the Library would reopen latter in the week.
Chief Executive Officer's Report:
- Mr. McGuire went through the plans to reopen the Library buildings to the public on March 3rd, 2021, and what that meant for staffing, services, and hours. The Library will be open as an election site on Tuesday, March 2nd.
- Mr. McGuire reported on meetings with St. Louis County Library investigated the possibility of jointly contracting for an ILS system, and progress in planning on the Julia Davis Library project.
- Mr. Dubinsky asked for information about the Library's current minimum wage. Mr. Struttmann and Ms. Wiese responded that the Library is currently at $11.15 and with plans to step up gradually to continue to meet state requirements and market pressure.
- Mr. Jackson went through the budget and revenue reports, and presented an additional report comparing current revenue to past years. The Library has received a significant portion of its revenue, which Mr. Jackson described as a modest improvement over the prior year.
- Mr. McGuire mentioned that the required percentage of wages the Library pays to fund the Employees Retirement System had been received and was significantly higher. The Board asked that information be prepared for the next Fiscal Affairs Committee meeting.
- Ms. Reeves presented the Foundation Report and stated that planning was underway for the next major fundraiser in addition to ongoing regular fundraising.
- President North-Murphy asked about staff members and vaccinations. Ms. Wiese reported that numbers were being partially tracked when time off was requested, but were still low.
- Mr. McGuire reported that all avenues of providing vaccination for staff were being explored.
Mr. Schlafly’s motion, seconded by Mr. Dubinsky, to adjourn the meeting was approved.
The meeting adjourned at 6:08 p.m.
At the regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Public Library on February 1, 2021, the following actions were taken:
|Mr. Savage moved:||
that the Board approve the minutes of the February 1, 2021 meeting. MOTION APPROVED
(In favor Ms. North-Murphy, Mr. Dubinsky, Mr. Land, Mr. Savage, Mr. Schlafly, and Mr. Sweeney.)
|Mr. Schlafly moved:||that the meeting adjourn. MOTION APPROVED (In favor Ms. North-Murphy, Mr. Dubinsky, Mr. Land, Mr. Savage, Mr. Schlafly, Mr. Sweeney, and Mr. Volpe.)|