In attendance were Nina North-Murphy, President, presiding; John Dubinsky, Alison Ferring, Jacque Land, Janet Rainford, Keith Savage, Thomas Schlafly, and Vince Volpe.
Also present were Chief Executive Officer Waller McGuire and staff members Tiffany Davis, Cathy Heimberger, Kathy Leitle, Jen Ohzourk, Justin Struttmann, Lisa Thorpe, and Jen Wiese; Liz Reeves, Library Foundation; and Lisa Stump, Lashly & Baer.
The meeting was called to order at 5:31 p.m. by Ms. North-Murphy.
Mr. Dubinsky's motion to approve the minutes of the November 5, 2018 and the November 20, 2018 Board Meetings, seconded by Mr. Volpe, was approved.
Chief Executive Officer's Report:
- McGuire reported on the comments from the public at the November 20, 2018 Board Meeting, stating that the Board does not have to respond at the time of the comments.
The Library has pulled the advertising from the billboard in question.
- The December issue of St. Louis Magazine includes a very positive article about St. Louis Public Library, which Mr. McGuire distributed to Board Members.
- McGuire and Mr. Struttmann met with Standard and Poor's concerning the paying of the bonds for Central Library. This meeting is scheduled for every other year, and the rate from S&P affects the interest rate the Library pays on the bonds. The results of the meeting will be available in a couple of months.
- McGuire gave the financial report.
- Wiese gave the HR report, stating that the average hiring time has dropped from 40 days to 20 days, and that the evaluations from staff members about Staff Day have been very positive.
- Reeves presented the Foundation report. Mr. McGuire will present information at the Foundation meeting December 4, 2018 about the digital installations at Buder and Julia Davis. He shared the document for the presentation with the Board.
- The schedule for the 2019 Board meetings was changed with the July meeting moving from July 8 to July 1, 2019.
Mr. Schlafly's motion, seconded by Mr. Dubinsky, to go into Executive Session was approved by a roll-call vote.
At the regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Public Library on December 3, 2018, the following actions were taken:
|Mr. Dubinsky moved||that the Board approve the minutes of the meetings ofNovember 5, 2018 and November 20, 2018. MOTION APPROVED (In favor Mr. Dubinsky, Ms. Ferring, Mr. Land, Ms. North-Murphy, Ms. Rainford, Mr. Savage, Mr. Schlafly, and Mr. Volpe.)|
|Mr. Schlafly moved||that the Board go into Executive Session. MOTION APPROVED (In favor Mr. Dubinsky, Ms. Ferring, Mr. Land, Ms. North-Murphy, Ms. Rainford, Mr. Savage, Mr. Schlafly, and Mr. Volpe.)|
The meeting ended at 6:06 p.m.