In attendance were John Dubinsky, President, presiding; Alison Ferring, Jacque Land, Janet Rainford, Keith Savage, Thomas Schlafly, and Vince Volpe.
Also present were Executive Director Waller McGuire and staff members Tiffany Davis, Carrie
Dietz, Jon Drakesmith, Diane Freiermuth, Chiquetta William Jackson, Charles Jefferson, Kathy Leitle, Brenda McDonald, Jen Ohzourk, Mary Paliser-Barton, Elizabeth Rudloff, Justin Struttmann, Jen Wiese, and Ed Witkowski; and Lisa Stump, Lashly & Baer.
The meeting was called to order at 5:33 p.m. by Mr. Dubinsky.
Mr. Schlafly's motion to approve the minutes of the May 7, 2018 Board Meeting, seconded by Mr. Volpe, was approved.
A letter was distributed to Board members by Mary Palliser-Barton. Elizabeth Rudloff asked the Board Members when they began service on the Library Board and received responses from them.
Mr. Dubinsky stated that the Board had discussed the public comments from the previous meeting in the Executive Session after the public meeting.
Executive Director's Report:
- McGuire commented that the Summer Reading Program had begun, with 150 signups on the first day. The summer camps also began Monday, June 4. These camps, funded by the Library Foundation, were almost completely full with only a few open slots.
- The Library is again partnering with Operation Food Search by offering meals for children. Five Library location will host the mobile meal service and Central will be a full-service meal site.
- McGuire described an incident at the Julia Davis Library that resulted in the location closing for a few hours at the end of a day. He discussed with Board Members some of the Public Safety plans currently in place to deal with these situations.
- Jackson presented the Financial Report.
- Wiese presented the HR Report.
- McGuire presented the Foundation Report stating that Monsanto has funded half of the cost to create the Creative Experience at Barr Library.
Mr. McGuire stated that he will be scheduling Board Meetings at other Library locations during some of the summer and fall months. Mr. Dubinsky asked that Cabanne Library be on the list.
At the regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Public Library on June 4, 2018, the following actions were taken:
|Mr. Schlafly moved||that the Board approve the minutes of the meeting of May 7, 2018. MOTION APPROVED (In favor Mr. Dubinsky, Ms. Ferring, Mr. Land, Ms. Rainford, Mr. Savage, Mr. Schlafly, and Mr. Volpe.)|
|Ms. Ferring moved||that the Board go into Executive Session. MOTION APPROVED (In favor Mr. Dubinsky, Ms. Ferring, Mr. Land, Ms. Rainford, Mr. Savage, Mr. Schlafly, and Mr. Volpe.)|
The regular meeting ended at 6:03 p.m.