Submit a file to be printed on our Large Format Printer using the form below! Print jobs will be sent to the printer by Library staff. The Large Format Printer is only available at Barr’s Creative Experience. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Acceptable file types: all common image files types, including JPEG, PNG, BMP, and TIFF.
- Maximum width: 36” / 10,800 pixels
- Staff reserves the right to deny any print job that violates the Library’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
- Images will be printed exactly as they are submitted. Aside from resizing the image, staff will not modify the file.
- Please allow 7 business days for your image to be printed.
- You will be notified via email or phone when your item is ready for pick up.
- Completed items will be held for 14 days.
- Maximum file size for the online form is 30MB. If you are experiencing issues uploading your file, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, opens a new window
Tips for Good Prints
When printing images at large sizes, achieving a clear print can be more complicated than when printing small images. Here are some simple tips that will help you avoid bad prints.
- Use the original image file if possible. Images downloaded from social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, for example, have been downsized for those services. They will not print as clearly as the original photos.
- Generally, the larger the file size, the higher quality the image. For example, a photograph that is 500kb will most likely not look as sharp as one that is 10mb.
- A photo cannot be enlarged without losing quality. Staff can resize photos, but if scaled up too far, the photo will become blurry.
- More pixels means a bigger image. Knowing your image's dimensions in pixels will give you a sense of how large it will print without blurring. For example, because we print images at 300 pixels per inch, an image that is 10,800 pixels wide will print clearly at 36” wide.