The Youth Volunteer at Divoll Library is responsible for assisting youth programming and supervision of children and teens in the library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with regularly scheduled youth programming activities.
- Helps with the organization of youth programming materials.
- Assists with updating and creating bulletin boards and book displays.
- Prepares examples for craft programs.
- Provides impromptu youth programs under the direction of Youth Services Provider.
- Reads books to youth patrons.
- Promotes youth programming to patrons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- BiblioCommons catalog software.
- Library intranet, Insider.
- Familiarity with video game systems.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with youth.
- Previous library volunteer experience preferred.
- 15-20 hours a week as needed; Mondays –Thursdays, late afternoons, alternating Fridays and Saturdays.