The Youth Services Provider is responsible for nurturing young minds, fostering lifelong learning, and establishing a welcoming environment as they provide summer camp support and assistance of other Library programs. Our ideal candidate is someone who is able to engage with youth of all ages, resolve issues with sound judgement and compassion, and show strong ability to multitask and adapt quickly. This is a temporary position and runs from May 26-July 31, 2020. This position requires working at multiple locations and reliable transportation is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help manage summer camps at multiple St. Louis Public Library locations
- Provide support to camp facilitators and library staff
- Actively engage with youth
- Evaluate camps and provide feedback
- Assist with Summer Challenge program and other library programs
- Understand and enforce Library policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Access to reliable transportation to get to other locations in Library system.
- Ability to make appropriate judgement calls and develop creative ways to solve problems
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in a timely and effective way.
- Ability to build rapport with colleagues, community partners, youth, and their caregivers.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Commitment to public service.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Education, or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mon-Fri, 9:30 am-6 pm
$16.20 per hour