Schlafly Branch, 225 North Euclid, 63108
Walnut Park, 5760 West Florissant, 63120
The Youth Services Provider I is responsible for fostering a love of literacy in a Regional Branch through the active promotion of the Library’s juvenile collections and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine reference, reader's advisory and technological assistance to youth patrons and their caregivers.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates programming for youth patrons and their caregivers.
- Conducts regular outreach visits with the community, including schools and at other events.
- Supervises Homework Helper and teen volunteers and provides assistance as needed.
- Collects relevant statistics and compiles into monthly report.
- Assists with collection development activities, including retention, weeding, selecting.
- Enforces and follows Library policies regarding disruptive/unattended youth, Cash Management, and emergency procedures.
- Prepares deposit collections for schools in service area.
- Alerts supervisors to problems or concerns regarding building facilities, custodial, or public safety.
- Assumes supervisory duties in absence of supervisor.
- Plans youth programming to minimize scheduling conflicts with other activities.
- Organizes youth area, including book displays and shared areas.
- Processes Organization Card applications.
- Provide tours and programming for special exhibits.
- Assists in coverage of the reference desk as needed.
- Performs daily circulation tasks as needed.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Access to personal/reliable transportation to travel to outreach facilities.
- Commitment to public service.
- Knowledge of children's literature.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Education, or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Schlafly: Mon, Tue, 12:15-9:15 pm; Wed, Thu, 8:45-5:45, alternating Fri & Sat 9 am-6 pm. May be required to work on Sunday per month.
Walnut Park: Alternating mornings & evenings, Fri & Sat 9 am-6 pm; Sun availability
$33,700 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits start within 30 days of employment