Location: Central Library, 1301 Olive Street, 63103
The Public Technology is responsible for providing patrons with technology-related assistance and promoting new digital products offered at the Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists patrons with utilization of Library computers, personal devices, or other related equipment.
- Participates in SharePoint team discussions.
- Assists in facilitation of "Get Connected" downloadable training sessions.
- Maintains clean and organized workspace.
- Notifies managers of incidents or required maintenance, including Helpdesk tickets.
- Checks out Library equipment to patrons and staff.
- Assists with the facilitation of Digital Library Services programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Windows Operating Systems, specifically Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Digital library programs (OverDrive, Hoopla, and Freegal).
- Cloud storage.
- Social media.
- Human Capital Management software, preferably DayForce.
Mon, 9 am-6 pm; Tue, 12-9 pm; Wed, Thu, 9 am-6pm; alternating Fri & Sat 9 am-6 pm
$30,600 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment