Barr Branch, 1701 N. Jefferson, 63104
Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid, 63108
The Public Technology position provides patrons with technology-related assistance and promotes new digital products offered at the Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists patrons with utilization of Library computers, personal devices, or other related equipment.
- Participates in SharePoint team discussions.
- Assists in facilitation of "Get Connected" downloadable training sessions.
- Maintains clean and organized work space.
- Notifies managers of incidents or required maintenance, including Helpdesk tickets.
- Checks out Library equipment to patrons and staff.
- Assists with the facilitation of Digital Library Services programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work at all locations and adapt with short notice based on coverage needs.
- Access to personal vehicle for transportation between locations.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Windows Operating Systems, specifically Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Digital library programs (OverDrive, Hoopla, and Freegal).
- Cloud storage.
- Social media.
- Human Capital Management software, preferably DayForce.
Barr: Mon, 2-6 pm, Thu, 1-5 pm; Fri & Sat, 12-4 pm, Sun, 1-5 pm
Schlafly: Tue, Wed, Thu, 5-9 pm; Sat, 8:50 am-6:10 pm
$14.71 per hour
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment