A St. Louis Public Library card is your ticket to new worlds. Find just what you want….picture books, novels, facts that astound—or discover something you never imagined. Check out fantasy; science, both fictional and factual; manga; comics; books about drawing, history and mystery. Books read aloud count too. A parent, caregiver, friend or sibling can read to a child who cannot yet read on their own.
Join SLPL's Summer Reading Club by August 4, in your Library or online. Online registration for children 13 and under must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. Keep track of your reading and claim your prizes at any St. Louis Public Library by August 4.
Kids & Teens who read 8 books can win:
- Choice of Book
- St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Tickets (while supplies last)
- One coupon for Missouri Botanical Garden (while supplies last)
- One coupon for The Magic House (kids only)
Claim your prizes at any St. Louis Public Library between June 3 and August 4.
Here is how to join:
- In-person - Visit any St. Louis Public Library to complete a printed registration card.
St. Louis Public Library wants what every parent wants: for your child to succeed. You want your children to realize their dreams and fulfill their limitless potential. Reading is the beginning of success. In the Summer Reading Club kids can discover new interests, try out new skills and open their eyes to a world of possibilities.
- Children who read for pleasure are stronger readers and better students.
- Children who read at least five (5) books in the summer are more likely to start school ready to learn in the fall.
- Children who do not read over the summer actually lose the reading gains they made the previous year.
- A local study demonstrated choosing books to read over the summer helped to increase students’ reading levels from spring to fall.
- Check out books from the Library. It’s FREE!
Make reading, and the Library, part of your summer. Sign your children up for Summer Reading Club by August 4.
Summer Reading Club is organized by the St. Louis Public Library and is sponsored by the St. Louis Public Library Foundation, St. Louis Cardinals, the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State. The Magic House Education Fund provides Library programs and hosts Family Nights at The Magic House.
Give Back to Reading!
Adults! Give the gift that keeps on giving, a good book. For every Adult who completes the Summer Reading program by reading 8 books, a book will be donated to a child’s home library. Receive a Cardinal Voucher good for two tickets (while supplies last).