For more information, contact:
John A. Koniak
Office: (314) 539-0305
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 27, 2015
ST. LOUIS PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION PRESENTS SPRING FUNDRAISER—A Taste of Fiction: A Must-Read, Must-Eat Event
St. Louis, MO… The St. Louis Public Library Foundation is proud to bring back a unique fundraising event to kick off a month of culinary programming at the St. Louis Public Library.
A Taste of Fiction: A Must Read, Must Eat Event
Friday, March 6 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Central Library, 1301 Olive Street
Tickets for this mouthwatering event are available at $100 Patron and $50 Individuallevels and can be purchased online at:https://app.etapestry.com/cart/StLouisPublicLibrary/default/category.php?ref=896.0.622645297.
Cocktail attire is appropriate and complimentary valet parking will be provided. Proceeds from A Taste of Fiction will benefit the St. Louis Public Library’s culinary collection and culinary programming.
Guests will gather in the spectacular Central Library for food, drink, and literary delights as the region’s finest pastry chefs are challenged to interpret classic works of fiction in pastry. The result will be a collection of creations that fuse the culinary and literary arts—on display for guests to view and some interpretation “bites” for guests to taste.
Co-chaired by Erica Leisenring and Sally Nikolajevich, A Taste of Fiction will feature the following chefs:
- Danielle Luisi - Annie Gunn’s
- George Guthier - Long-time St. Louis Pastry Chef
- Tim Brennan - Cravings
- Julie Weldele - Crepes Etc. & Scape American Bistro
- Casey Shiller - Baking and Pastry Arts for St. Louis Community College at Forest Park
- Saul Juarez - Four Seasons St. Louis
- Laura Barton and Melissa Cusumano - Jilly’s Cupcake Bar & Cafe
- Jenny Bazzetta - Kakao Chocolate
- Simone Faure - La Patisserie Chouquette
- Amanda Pinkstaff - Le Cordon Bleu
- Lia Weber and Martin Lopez - Made. by Lia
- Anne Croy - Pastaria
- Sandia Hoormann - Piccione Pastry
- Stephan Schubert - River City Casino
- Darlene Fahrig-Markovich - Schnucks Cooking School
- Brielle Fratellone - The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis
A Taste of Fiction Raffle
- Guests can purchase a chance to win a cake / sweet that serves 8-10 from one of A Taste of Fiction’s participating chefs. Raffle tickets are $5 for one chance or $20 for five. Winners will receive a gift certificate and need not be present to win. Tickets can be purchased at the event or online athttps://app.etapestry.com/cart/StLouisPublicLibrary/default/category.php?ref=896.0.622645297.
A Taste of Fiction is Presented Through
FIRST® Championship, Monsanto and C.I.A.
Additional Support from:
Ulrike and Tom Schlafly
Novus International, Inc.
Thomas and Sally Cohn, Ellenwood Fund of the Greater Saint Louis Community Foundation
Dr. William H. Danforth
Hope and Julian Edison
Alison and John Ferring
Ford Hotel Supply
Mona and Paul Knopp
Erica Leisenring and Bob Sears
Peasy and Andy Love
Jean-Paul and Isabelle Montupet
Sally and George Nikolajevich
Lily and David Ott
Joseph E. and Susan Rechter
Joe and Annie Schlafly
Michael and Carol Staenberg
Teg and Frank Stokes
Special thanks to BUDS Florist, Defiance Whiskey, Indian Creek Apiaries, Kakao Chocolate, Schlafly Beer, and the event committee.
For more information, visit slplfoundation.org/about/events/.
About the St. Louis Public Library
Ranked the #3 urban library in the nation, the St. Louis Public Library has 17 locations across the city and sees more than 2.3 million visitors each year. The Library has more than 3.6 million books and items in its collection and more than 83,000 cardholders. For more information about the St. Louis Public Library and its services, visit slpl.org.
About the St. Louis Public Library Foundation
Created in 1989, the Library Foundation supports the St. Louis Public Library’s programs and services through advocacy, fundraising, and building relationships with others who share a passion for the Library’s work. For more information or to learn how you can support the St. Louis Public Library, click here or call Liz Reeves at 314.340.2403.