St. Louis Public Library wants what every parent wants: for your child(ren) to succeed. You want your child(ren) to realize their dreams and fulfill their limitless potential. Reading is the beginning of success. In the Summer Reading Club, kids can discover new interests, try out new skills and open their eyes to a world of possibilities.
Make reading, and the Library, part of your summer. Register your child(ren) for Summer Reading Club: A Universe of Stories between June 1 and August 3, at your Library or online. Keep track of your reading and other fun activities to claim your prizes at any St. Louis Public Library by August 3.
- Children who read for pleasure are stronger readers and better students.
- Children who read at least four (4) books in the summer are more likely to start school ready to learn in the fall.
- Children who do not read over the summer actually lose the reading gains they made the previous year.
- Children who read books over the summer can increase their reading levels from spring to fall.
Studies have shown that cultural experiences such as visiting museums, exploring nature or going to a ball game fosters curiosity. To provide these experiences, the Library partners with the St. Louis Cardinals, The Magic House, Missouri Botanical Garden, and Nine Network. We provide these experiences through special interest Summer Camps, Play Date Theater, Storytimes and more at St. Louis Public Library.
Give Back to Reading
Adults! Give the gift that keeps on giving...a good book. For every adult who completes the Summer Reading Club, a book will be donated to a child. Receive a St. Louis Cardinals Baseball voucher good for two tickets (while supplies last).
How to Join Summer Reading Club:
However, children 12 and under must complete a printed registration card, if a parent or legal guardian is not present to register them.
How to complete online:
Complete Summer Reading Club with a combination of books (minimum 4) and activities. Log your 4 required books under the “Books” category. Log any additional book or activity under the “Activities” category using a secret code provided by Library staff.
• Show your Library card to a Library staff member
• Listen to an audiobook
• Read to a friend
• Write a book review
• Write a song inspired by a book
• Write a poem inspired by a book
• Read a book outside
• Visit a new Library
• Draw a picture from a book
• Create a comic book
• Attend a St. Louis Public Library Program
• Visit the Missouri Botanical Garden
• Visit The Magic House
• St. Louis Cardinals Baseball voucher (while supplies last)
• One ticket for Missouri Botanical Garden (while supplies last)
• One ticket for The Magic House (kids only)
• Earbuds (teens only)
• One entry to win a tablet
Claim your prizes at any St. Louis Public Library between June 1 and August 3.
Books! WOW! Read!
A program for schools, daycares and camp groups. Set the reading goal for your group. When met, your group will receive a prize. Contact your local Library to register.