The Manager of the Center for the Reader oversees the daily operation of the Center for the Reader in Central Library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises Center for the Reader staff and maintains work schedules.
- Establishes performance expectations, monitors performance and provides evaluations on an annual basis.
- Develops and maintains the fiction collections in the Center for the Reader and Central Stacks through collection development and weeding practices, utilizing reports from collectionHQ and WorkFlows.
- Provides reference and readers’ advisory assistance.
- Develops, maintains, and promotes online readers’ advisory form.
- Assists with developing, planning, promoting and overseeing the achievement of writing programs.
- Manages and promotes Book Club in a Bag program.
- Develops Center for the Reader book displays.
- Creates content for the Center for the Reader blog, posting weekly blog entries.
- Provides community outreach by promoting services, collections, and programs related to the Center for the Reader.
- Provides training opportunities in readers’ advisory to Library staff.
- Attends conferences for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited university or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two to three years of collection development experience in fiction required. One to three years of supervisory experience in a library.
Mon, Tue, 9 am-6 pm; Wed, 12-9 pm; alternating Fri & Sat, 9 am-6 pm
$44,800 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment