The Maintenance Mechanic I is responsible for maintaining and repairing all aspects of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment for the Library system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs and makes repairs to lighting and electrical fixtures, circuits, and wiring, including changing light bulbs and ballasts.
- Installs and makes repairs to plumbing fixtures, including piping, faucets, toilets, and water heaters.
- Performs carpentry duties including furniture repair.
- Performs painting duties including paint application, caulking, and plaster.
- Performs HVAC duties including filter changes, belt changes, equipment cleaning, and boiler maintenance.
- Maintains pumps and motors on all equipment.
- Maintains all Library vehicles.
- Maintains roofing on Library buildings.
- Performs ongoing preventative maintenance to prevent major problems.
- Performs miscellaneous cleaning duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or equivalent plus one to two years related experience and/or training in the building maintenance field; Degree from Mechanical Trade School; Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver's license.
- HVAC Universal Refrigerant Certification must be acquired within one year of employment
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Mon-Fri, 7:30 am-4 pm, on-call hours as needed
$37,000 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment