Carpenter Branch, 3309 S. Grand Ave., 63118
The Library Technician is responsible for providing library patrons with customer service as they utilize the library and its resources, while also working independently on short-term and long-term projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists library patrons with reference questions and utilizing the online catalog.
- Transfers specific inquiries to other departments, individuals, or Branches.
- Processes Library cards for community members.
- Checks Library materials in and out to patrons.
- Processes patron payments for lost, damaged, or overdue materials.
- Provides technology assistance to patrons, as needed.
- Helps to create and facilitate outreach programming.
- Records and accesses confidential patron information in patron records.
- Collects and organizes department statistics.
- Assists with weeding of branch collections, including floating collections, InTransit items, and CollectionHQ reports.
- Processes new periodicals and maintains periodical collection.
- Maintains Inter-Library Loan requests.
- Maintains meeting room applications.
- Assists with planning and facilitation of in-house programming as needed.
- Assists with programming as needed.
- Maintains supply of flyers, handouts, and community publications.
- Creates displays for holidays, current events, and trends.
- Sorts returned materials to organize for shelving.
- Processes and sorts daily incoming delivery of materials and mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university; or two years related library, teaching, or equivalent experience.
- Integrated Library software, preferably SirsiDynix Work Flows
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Web browsers including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
- Digital library programs such as Overdrive, Hoopla Digital, Freegal, and Mango Languages
- BiblioCommons catalog software
Mon, Tue, 8:45-5:30; Wed, Thu, 12:30-9:30 pm; alternating Fri and Sat, 9 am-6 pm; one Sunday per month
$27,800 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits start within 30 days of employment