- Barr Branch, 1701 South Jefferson
Carondelet Branch, 6800 Michigan Ave, 63111
The Homework Helper is responsible for nurturing young minds (K-12) through homework assistance and other learning opportunities, as well as assisting with the supervision of children and teens in the library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps children and teens master homework assignments.
- Engages youth patrons through various activities including video games.
- Assists in facilitation of regularly scheduled youth programming activities.
- Reads books to youth patrons.
- Ensures that all games, materials, and working areas are organized after use.
- Refreshes bulletin board and book displays.
- Provides reference assistance to patrons.
- Provides technological assistance to patrons using computers.
- Provides impromptu youth programs.
- Enforces Library policies and procedures to youth patrons.
- Maintains collection of coloring sheets, including printing and searching for seasonal themes.
- Prepares supplies for craft programs.
- Promotes youth programming to patrons.
- Assists with collection management tasks, including pulling books for evaluation and boxing up discards for book sale.
- Maintains homework help and activity data for monthly report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Human Capital Management software, preferably DayForce.
- Web browsers including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Familiarity with video game systems.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Experience interacting and working with children/teens.
15 hours per week, later afternoon and early evening hours Mon-Fri, Saturday availability required
$10.05 per hour