Location: Central Library, 1301 Olive Street, 63103
The Genealogy Manager directs and provides reference assistance to customers, oversees obituary and microfilm copy requests, provides original content for the Genealogy Room blog, and manages a staff of four.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers queries on complicated reference subjects, including formulating and processing search requests.
- Compiles indexes and research guides to periodicals, newspapers, and other sources.
- Conducts program outreach including giving presentations and utilizing social media.
- Assists Subject Specialist in reference collection development, including planning and promoting electronic information resources and services.
- Collects and compiles work unit activity and statistics to prepare for monthly report.
- Helps customers and staff use office equipment as necessary.
- Anticipates and addresses customer concerns, identifying solutions and resolving issues as necessary.
- Attends meetings of managers.
- Must be able to work weekends as assigned and one evening per week.
- Attend relevant conferences and professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in library science or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience in the field of Genealogy/Local History and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mon-Thu, 9 am-6 pm; one evening per week 12-9 pm (Tue or Wed, negotiable), alternating Fri & Sat 9 am-6 pm
$44,800 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment