The Youth Services Provider I is responsible for fostering a love of literacy in a Regional Branch through the active promotion of the Library’s juvenile collections and programs. The Early Childhood Outreach YSP will need knowledge of early literacy skills, early childhood development, and children’s literature. The Provider will need to be comfortable providing outreach and programming in recorded and virtual formats in addition to in-person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and performs story times in a variety of settings.
- Plans, executes, and evaluates programming for youth patrons and their caregivers.
- Conducts regular outreach visits with the community, including schools and early childhood centers and at other events.
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside stakeholders.
- Collects relevant statistics and compiles into monthly report.
- Assists with collection development activities, including retention, weeding, selecting.
- Enforces and follows Library policies regarding disruptive/unattended youth, Cash Management, and emergency procedures.
- Prepares deposit collections for schools in service area.
- Alerts supervisors to problems or concerns regarding building facilities, custodial, or public safety.
- Plans youth programming to minimize scheduling conflicts with other activities.
- Processes Organization Card applications.
- Provide tours and programming for special exhibits.
- Performs daily circulation tasks as needed.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Access to personal/reliable transportation to travel to outreach facilities.
- Commitment to public service.
- Knowledge of children's literature.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Child Development, Education, or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
$33,700 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits start within 30 days of employment