Location: Central Library, 1301 Olive Street
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing customer service to walk-in patrons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists patrons in checking out library materials.
- Assists patrons in retuning library materials.
- Registers library cards for patrons.
- Provides directional information to patrons on library material location.
- Answers basic subject inquires.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the assistance of a book truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training with high school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Customer service experience preferred.
- Web browsers including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Data entry.
Mon, 9:30 am-1:30 pm; Tue & Wed, 5:10 pm-9:10 pm, alternating Fri & Sat 9 am-6 pm
$12.16 per hour
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts