Central Library, 1301 Olive Street, 63103
Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid Ave, 63108
Machacek, 6424 Scanlan Ave, 63139
Julia Davis, 4415 Natural Bridge Ave, 63115
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and inviting Library environment for patrons, staff, visitors, and the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects assigned work areas for safety issues.
- Reports and corrects safety issues in assigned work areas.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, dusts, and washes windows in assigned work areas.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Set ups, arranges, and removes chairs, tables, or decorations for meetings and events.
- Provides upkeep to outdoor Library premises by picking up trash, watering plants, shoveling snow, and applying ice melt.
- Restocks disposable items in the restroom, break room, and kitchen.
- Services restrooms by cleaning toilets, sinks, and changing tables.
- Maintains clean, safe, and attractive environment during meetings and events.
- Washes, dries, and folds laundry.
- Fills and empties chemical bottles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to cover shifts for other custodians.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Schedule (all positions require weekend availability):
Central: Mid-day & Weekends (schedule may vary)
Schlafly: Evenings, Mon-Fri
Machacek: Mornings, Mon-Fri
Julia Davis: Mornings, Mon-Fri
$10.05 per hour