The Custodian is responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and inviting Library environment for patrons, staff, visitors, and the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects assigned work areas for safety issues.
- Reports and corrects safety issues in assigned work areas.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, dusts, and washes windows in assigned work areas.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Set ups, arranges, and removes chairs, tables, or decorations for meetings and events.
- Provides upkeep to outdoor Library premises by picking up trash, watering plants, shoveling snow, and applying ice melt.
- Restocks disposable items in the restroom, break room, and kitchen.
- Services restrooms by cleaning toilets, sinks, and changing tables.
- Maintains clean, safe, and attractive environment during meetings and events.
- Washes, dries, and folds laundry.
- Fills and empties chemical bottles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to cover shifts for other custodians.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
$10.05 per hour