Creative Experience Resource Specialists provide expertise, training, and content creation with specific types of Creative Experience software and hardware, with a strong focus in virtual reality, augmented reality, game development, and 3D modeling and printing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and teach workshops on virtual reality, augmented reality, game development, and 3D modeling and printing
- Provide individualized support with Creative experience resources to customers and groups
- Plan and teach workshops related to Creative Experience
- Provide training on Creative Experience resources for staff
- Produce media showcasing Creative Experience resources and user-impact stories
- Assist Manager of Digital Library Services with programming, outreach, and facilities maintenance related to Creative Experience
- Participate in weekly meetings with Manager of Digital Library Services and other Creative Experience Resource Specialists
- Troubleshoots Creative Experience software and hardware
- Contributes to Creative Experience blog, website content, and social media sites.
- Consults with Manager of Digital Library Services to make suggestions for budgeting and development of equipment, software, and services of Creative Experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Access to reliable transportation
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
- Knowledge of current media production software and hardware with expertise in one or more specialized area
- Teaching and mentoring skills
- Skill to provide leadership and team building
- Skill to create media to showcase and promote Creative Experience
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in Media Arts, Emerging Technologies, or related field preferred and at least one year of teaching experience or equivalent professional and educational experience with a strong emphasis on virtual reality, augmented reality, game development, and 3D modeling and printing. Bachelor's degree with strong teaching experience will also be considered.
TBD, 20 hours per week
$21.54 per hour
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts