Cabanne Branch: 1106 Union Blvd, 63113
Walnut Park Branch: 5760 West Florissant, 63120
The Clerk is responsible for assisting the Library with clerical and circulation needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Performs circulation functions, including check-outs and returns.
- Assists in preparation, delivery, and receipt of Library materials and mail.
- Processes Library cards for patrons.
- Receives payment from patrons.
- Provides reference assistance for patrons via face-to-face and telephone interactions, including locating items in the catalog or on shelf, as well as, looking up information.
- Assists in opening and closing Branch.
- Monitor book drop area for material returns
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with previous customer service experience.
Cabanne: Tue, Wed, Thu, 10:05 am-7:05 pm; Fri, Sat, 9 am-6 pm
Walnut Park: 40 hours per week
$23,000 per year
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment