Location: Carpenter Branch, 3309 S. Grand Ave.
The Clerk is responsible for assisting the Library with clerical and circulation needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Performs circulation functions, including check-outs and returns.
- Assists in preparation, delivery, and receipt of Library materials and mail.
- Processes Library cards for patrons.
- Receives payment from patrons.
- Provides reference assistance for patrons via face-to-face and telephone interactions, including locating items in the catalog or on shelf, as well as, looking up information.
- Provides assistance to patrons with Library equipment.
- Restocks and shelves materials, including shelf-reading, as necessary.
- Relabels Library materials to ensure markings are accurate.
- Submits service requests for technology needs.
- Assists in developing and removing displays.
- Assists in opening and closing Branch.
- Prepares monthly transit list.
- Assists in weeding of materials.
- Assists patrons in locating non-Library related information.
- Compiles statistics to be used in reports.
- Provides assistance to staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with previous customer service experience.
Fri & Sat, 9 am-6:15 pm; Sun, 1-5 pm
$11.06 per hour
The St. Louis Public Library offers full benefits for our employees. They include:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Company-paid pension plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Company-paid long term disability
- Employee-paid short term disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Voluntary benefits begin within 30 days of employment