St. Louis Public Library (SLPL) is offering City residents the chance to check out a long-term laptop to keep until June 30, 2023.
SLPL applied for funding from the Emergency Connectivity Fund to purchase 4,000 laptops to be used by St. Louis City residents who don’t otherwise have access to a computer.
WHO CAN GET A LAPTOP
- Laptops are to be used for educational purposes but are not limited to just traditional students. They can be checked out by anyone of any age for an educational purpose
- They are limited to residents of the City of St. Louis.
- They are limited to people who do not have access to laptops/computers where they live.
- They must be checked out on a St. Louis Public Library card. Even people who have balances on their library accounts are eligible to check out a laptop
HOW DO I GET A LAPTOP?
- Visit any St. Louis Public Library location. You may want to call the location to confirm availability.
- Have your St. Louis Public Library card with you, or bring your ID to apply for one.
HOW LONG CAN I KEEP THE LAPTOP?
- The laptop will be checked out on your library card through June 30, 2023. Laptops should be returned on that date.
ANY OTHER LIMITS?
- The laptops are limited to one per card.
Visit any SLPL location to check out a long-term laptop.