We are taking a brief summer (& early fall) hiatus from in-person course offerings here at the St. Louis Public Library Grants & Foundation Center. Until we kick things off again in October, here are some options – both virtual and in real life - to keep you busy and engaged:
St. Louis Public Library - Gale Courses & lynda.com
SLPL offers a lot of online learning for free with your SLPL card including instructor-led courses through Gale Courses and video courses from lynda.com.
To access, go to SLPL’s Online Resources - go to "G" for "Gale", click on link & type in "nonprofit" - & you will see a number of courses (available for free with your SLPL card) including "Get Grants!", "A to Z Grant Writing" and "Writing Effective Grant Proposals". If you go to “L” & scroll down to lynda.com, you can find “Social Media for Nonprofits” or brush up on your Excel, Powerpoint, or Prezi skills.
Foundation Center's Grantspace.org
The Foundation Center’s Grantspace website has lots of information, including free and paid webinars - of interest might be "Introduction to Finding Grants" and "Introduction to Proposal Writing" (both free). Grantspace also has sample documents you can review, including actual proposals that have been commented upon by grantmakers.
Upcoming Local Training Opportunities (click each organization’s link for more information)
Association of Fundraising Professionals:
- Advocacy for Nonprofits: Yes You Can! (July 20, 8:30-10:30)
Grant Professionals Association - St. Louis Regional Chapter:
- Facebook for Fundraising & Marketing (Sept. 12)
- Theory of Change & Logic Models (Oct. 3)
- Be the Reviewer (Nov. 7)
Network for Strong Communities:
- Improving Your Supervisory IQ: From Selection to Evaluation (July 10)
- Create Your Twelve Month Nonprofit Fundraising Plan (July 10, 5:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Demystifying Strategic Planning for Nonprofits (Aug. 28, 6 p.m.)
UMSL Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program:
- Volunteers, Interns, and Employment Law Issues: What Nonprofits Need to Know (July 20, 3-5 p.m.)
- What Nonprofits Need to Know About Personnel and Schedule-Related Policies (Aug. 3, 3- p.m.)