Here are three sources of assistance and information from the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- Inventors Assistance Center (IAC): The Inventors Assistance Center (IAC) provides patent information and services to the public. The IAC is staffed by former Supervisory Patent Examiners, experienced Primary Patent Examiners, various intellectual property specialists and attorney who can answer general questions concerning patent examining policy and procedure.
- Trademark Assistance Center (TAC): The Trademark Assistance Center (TAC) is the main support center for all customers, from first-time filers to legal professionals and experienced trademark applicants. We can answer your questions on a variety of trademark topics. Contact us for:
- General information about registering a trademark
- Trademark literature and publications
- Updates on the status of trademark applications and registrations
- Answers to case-specific questions about an application or registration
- Help navigating electronic forms and systems
- Help finding information on our website about the meaning of trademark terms and concepts, how to start the application process, application and registration timelines, and more.
Toll-free: 800-786-9199 (option 1)
- USPTO Contact Center (UCC): The USPTO Contact Center (UCC) provides general information, mailing addresses, Internet addresses, USPTO.gov accounts, how to use the online fee payment management system & contact information for other USPTO services.