For the final quarter of 2018, the GFC is offering programs on measuring outcomes (October!), legal issues nonprofit boards should be aware of (November!), and nonprofit financial management (December!)
Click below for links to the SLPL Events Calendar to register (or visit slpl.org & search "Events" for "GFC"):
- How Do You Measure Success? Thursday October 18 from 4-5:30 p.m. with Kent Hornberger, GPC.
- Legal Issues for Nonprofit Board Members – Thursday November 8 from 2-4 p.m. with Dan Sise, J.D.
- Financial Management Basics for Nonprofits – Thursday December 13 from 3-5 p.m.
All of the above programs are FREE and will be held in the Training Room on the 2nd floor of Central Library (1301 Olive Street, St. Louis, MO 63103). And while registration is not absolutely necessary, it helps us make sure we have enough chairs and handouts, and if you register, you will receive a reminder email a day or two in advance of the program. There are also online learning opportunities with your St. Louis Public Library card through Gale Courses - click the link and type "nonprofit" in the search bar and see which of the 6 week, free online courses might be of interest to you.
In addition to the GFC's offerings at the Library, many of our community partners have upcoming programs that might be of interest, including:
Grant Professionals Association - St. Louis Regional Chapter
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (Nov. 13)
Network for Strong Communities
- The 9 Key Elements to Prepare a Successful Grant Proposal (Oct. 23)
- Developing Your Personal Brand (Nov. 1)
- How to Find and Identify Private and Federal Grant Opportunities (Nov. 13)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace (Nov. 27)
UMSL Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program
- Crafting Meaningful & Measureable Outcomes (Oct. 18)
- Successful Grant Writing (Nov. 15)
- Focus on Fraud: Prevention & Detection Measures for Nonprofit Organizations (Dec 6)
Note that these programs generally have a cost associated with them; visit the organization's website to learn more.