This collection in Ancestry Library Edition (Ancestry LE) includes maps detailing land areas that comprise the present United States. It contains a wide variety of maps created for various purposes, including political and geographical, and covers various time periods ranging from 1513-1990.
This collection can be searched by location, publication date, keyword, topic, or map title. You can also browse by state or region. Number of maps available per state varies—for example:
Maps of Missouri variously cover the time period 1764-1989. Some examples of years and topics include:
· 1854—Kansas-Missouri border wars
· 1859—waterfront map of St. Louis
· 1861—Missouri railroads
· 1865—Civil War battlefields of western Missouri
· 1876—Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railway
· 1891—Aurora, Missouri
· 1895—Kansas City, Missouri
· 1899—Route of Mormon pioneers from Nauvoo to Great Salt Lake
· 1904—Wholesale and office district of St. Louis
· 1989—Missouri counties map
Maps can be emailed, printed, or saved to flash drives. Some maps may be subject to copyright restrictions.
Ancestry LE is available at Central Library and our branches.