Genealogists often lament the lack of availability of birth records in Ancestry Library Edition (Ancestry LE), but Ancestry LE in fact provides (at least partial) access to birth records from 33 different U.S. states. What it may not provide access to is that particular birth record YOU need for YOUR research.
Ancestry LE provides access to birth records in one of four ways:
1. Statewide birth index in Ancestry LE
2. County-specific birth index in Ancestry LE
3. Links to a statewide Web collection of birth records
4. Links to a county-specific Web collection of birth records
Potential problems with birth records in Ancestry LE:
1. Coverage may be limited after 1910 (due to privacy/ID theft concerns).
2. Your state of interest may be one of the 17 for which no birth records are available in Ancestry LE.
An easy way to check states of interest to you is via the Card Catalog (case does not matter):
SEARCH—TITLE: missouri birth
Hopefully your states of interest are ones for which Ancestry LE provides at least partial access to birth records!
You may use Ancestry LE at Central Library or any of our branches.