June is the month when we celebrate pride and the strides made by the LGBTQ community. The Library is a great place to find resources for everyone under the rainbow in this regard. In our collection you will find books for everyone:
- People celebrating their identity
- People questioning their identity
- People exploring their identity
- People who are friends and family of any of the above and want to know how to best understand and support them
- People who struggle over the initials, the lingo, and the pronouns (link is to some useful guidance that we picked up via the recent DAP Diversity Summit), & wonder what it all means
Browse our display, check out our list (for books from the Social Sciences room) or other SLPL lists, wander our shelves (in the Social Sciences room, try #Dewey 306.6-.8ish, 342.73 for law stuff, 371 for schools, or just look for the rainbows), grab the most recent issue of The Advocate or Out magazines from our periodical shelves, or of course search our catalog and/or the SLPL app - and remember that the Library staff members are great resources as well.
FYI - St. Louis' PrideFest is downtown this weekend (June 23 & 24) - feel free to duck into Central Library for some cool air and even cooler books (esp. on Saturday when the whole building is open), and watch for the group from SLPL marching in the parade on Sunday!