Let your Words be Heard Poetry Contest
Calling all poets to participate in the Let your Words be Heard Poetry Contest sponsored by the Schlafly region of the St. Louis Public Library. Participants are encouraged to submit up to three poems, thirty lines or fewer on any subject, style or form. Entries must comply with poetry contest guidelines available at Schlafly, Cabanne, and Divoll Branch libraries or via the Schlafly Gatherings Blog. Contest is March 15-April 8; entries must be submitted no later than April 8th. Winners announced April 15th. First, second, and third place winners will receive Left Bank Books gift certificates. Winning entries will be published on the Schlafly Gatherings Blog and may be shared at Pop-Up Poetry readings at the branches. Other events at the region's branches to celebrate National Poetry Month will include Poem in your Pocket Day and poetry book displays.
- The contest is open to any persons residing in the St. Louis metro area aged 13 and older. SLPL staff and members of their immediate families may enter but are not eligible for prizes.
- Write a poem, thirty lines or fewer on any subject, style, or form. Submission must be typed.
- Submit up to three ORIGINAL poems that have not been previously published.
- Include a title with each poem, along with your name, address, phone number, e-mail (if you have one), and brief biographical info (tell us a little about yourself), on a separate page. Contact information must be enclosed on all valid submissions. Poets who cannot be contacted will be disqualified.
- Contest is March 15-April 8; DEADLINE APRIL 8.
- Submit your poem(s) either of the following ways by April 8th deadline:
- By email at: email@example.com. Please specify LYWBH POETRY CONTEST in subject line. Paste poem(s) in body of email. DO NOT send poem as an attachment.
- Drop off in person by April 8th at Schlafly, Cabanne, or Divoll Branch during regular library hours.
- Submissions not meeting the guidelines will be disqualified prior to judging.
- Contest winners will be announced by April 15th via the Schlafly Gatherings Blog. The first, second, and third prize winners will be published on the blog during the remainder of National Poetry Month 2017.
For more details visit: slpl.org