For a limited time, you can access the genealogy database Ancestry.com from anywhere with your St. Louis Public Library card! From now until April 30, you no longer have to be in one of our library locations to begin searching Ancestry. Currently, as many of us are at home, it's a perfect time to get started with your family research!
This database of genealogical resources includes the complete U.S. Census, a multitude of city directories, Find-A-Grave records, military records such as draft registration cards and muster rolls, immigration records such as passenger lists and naturalization records, the Social Security Death Index, and birth, marriage, and death records.
Curious how to get started? Check out these resources from Ancestry!
- Ancestry Anne's Top 10 Search Tips
- Creating Timelines that Produce Answers
- 10 Census Tips
- 10 Census Questions that Lead to More Answers
- Follow Your Family Using Census Records
- Guide to Searching for Death Records
- Finding Your Immigrant Ancestors
- 10 Things to Know about Passenger Lists
- African American Family Research
Tips for Success: Military Records
Additional questions about Ancestry? Email firstname.lastname@example.org