1415 Olive Street, 63103
St. Louis Public Library is seeking a staff Accountant to perform accounting tasks for a major
urban library system with the following duties:
(1) Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions;
(2) Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports for other managers using advanced Excel functions like Vlookup and Pivot Table;
(3) Prepare monthly closing entries and bi-weekly payroll entries, conduct monthly / quarterly account reconciliations for all bank accounts, and update investment portfolio;
(4) Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement using PaperPort;
(5) Making recommendations regarding the accounting for assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures;
(6) conduct specialized grant reporting using Excel and Word; and
(7) Assist in training AP / payroll supporting staff and coordinating their work based on established procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a Master’s degree in Accounting with 6 months experience in the accounting field.
Mon.- Fri., 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.