St. Louis, MO… The St. Louis Public Library is proud to host the Fifth Annual Living Life Expo! at its Baden Branch, 8448 Church Road, on October 13 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Medical professionals from healthcare facilities and other health-related organizations will be onsite to provide routine screenings, answer questions, and give tips. This year’s Expo includes two pre-event programs on October 10 and 11. All events are FREE and open to the public.
The first pre-Expo program is “HealthStreet: Get the 411 on Medications*” on October 10 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Graduating students from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy explain how medications work. A Q&A session follows. HealthStreet is part of Washington Univeristy's School of Medicine.
The second pre-Expo program is “Feel Better With Yoga!” on October 11 from 1-2 p.m. Instructor Fannie Lebby presents Kundalini Yoga, a science that uses breath work, postures, hand gestures/positions, focus, and meditation to relieve stress, tension, and foster positive thinking. Wear loose-fitting clothing and bring a mat, towel or blanket. Limit: 15 participants. Registration is required.A keynote address will be delivered by Saint Louis University’s Dr. Robin Hanson at the Expo on October 13 at 11 a.m. Dr. Hanson presents “Shaking the Branches of Your Family Tree: DNA Testing & Your Health.”
At the Fifth Annual Living Life Expo!, visitors will be able to meet with representatives from:
* 100 Black Men of Metropolitan St. Louis (prostate cancer)
* American Heart Association
* American Lung Association
* Bernard Becker Medical Library/Washington University School of Medicine
* BJC (sickle cell anemia & asthma)
* Children’s Hospital Family Resource Center
* City of St. Louis Health Department (CPR instruction, lead safety, SmokeFREE St. Louis, and weight management & nutrition)
* CLAIM – Medicare/Medicaid – Primaris
* Community Health in Partnerships Services – CHiPS
* Department of Veterans Affairs
* Lupus Foundation of America
* Missouri College (fitness, oral hygiene & massage)
* Project ARK
* St. Louis College of Pharmacy
* St. Louis Fire Department: Medic Unit 33
* St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department: District 6
* Siteman Cancer Center/PECaD
* Three Rivers Aikido
* Visiting Nurse Association
PLUS, enjoy music, face painting, a martial arts demonstration, a Step for Fitness demonstration, and much more!
For details, call Jan at 314-388-2400.
* HealthStreet and the St. Louis Public Library provide access to a wide variety of health information. No medical advice or recommendations provided. The material and information provided by HealthStreet and the Library are not substitutes for consultation with a qualified medical health professional.
Major support provided by: Alderwoman Dionne Flowers, Riverview West Florissant Development Corporation, Creations by Karen, and 100 Black Men of Metropolitan St. Louis.# # #