Libraries & hours Holiday schedule Policies Press releases Employment Library Foundation Contact us More...
St. Louis, MO... The St. Louis Public Library is proud to present ten engaging authors at three outstanding events during September—Tess Gerritsen and William Trowbridge, plus a very special Author Breakfast featuring Eileen Dreyer, Angie Fox, Julius Hunter, Michael Kahn, John Lutz, Bill McClellan, Eleanor Sullivan, and Qiu Xiaolong. All events are FREE and open to the public.
* New York Times and international bestselling author Tess Gerritsen discusses and signs her new book, Last to Die. The event takes place at the Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid Ave., on September 6 at 7 p.m.
Two years ago, 12-year-old Teddy Clock barely escaped when his entire family was murdered. Now, in a hideous echo of the past, Teddy is the lone survivor of his foster family’s mass killing. The traumatized teenager has nowhere to turn—until the Boston Police Department puts Detective Jane Rizzoli on the case.
Books available for purchase courtesy of Left Bank Books.
* Missouri’s newest poet laureate, William Trowbridge, reads and discusses his poetry. The program takes place at the Schlafly Branch, 225 N. Euclid Ave., on September 19 at 7 p.m.
Trowbridge’s poetry publications include five full collections: Ship of Fool, The Complete Book of Kong, Flickers, O Paradise, and Enter Dark Stranger. He also penned three chapbooks, The Packing House Cantata, The Four Seasons, and The Book of Kong.
Co-sponsored by Left Bank Books. Books available for purchase courtesy of Left Bank Books. Books available for purchase courtesy of Left Bank Books.
* Author Breakfast—Enjoy light breakfast and lively conversation with eight of St. Louis’ favorite authors. Every author will spend about 15 minutes eating and chatting with groups at each table. The event takes place at the Carondelet Branch, 6800 Michigan Ave., on September 29 at 9:15 a.m. Registration is required and seating is limited. Call 314-752-9224 for reservations. Check-in is at 9:15 a.m., and the fun starts promptly at 9:30 a.m.
AUTHORS AT THE BREAKFAST INCLUDE:
* Eileen Dreyer, also known as Kathleen Korbel, is a native St. Louisan and retired trauma nurse. The New York Times bestselling author has published 28 romance and eight medico-forensic suspense novels.
* Angie Fox is the New York Times bestselling author of several books about vampires, werewolves, and things that go bump in the night.
* Julius Hunter spent more than 30 years in broadcast and print. He is best known as the senior anchor at KMOV Channel 4 and has written four books.* Michael Kahn is the award-winning author of the Rachel Gold novels, including the recent A Handful of Gold. He practices media and art law and teaches at Washington University.
* John Lutz is the author of more than 40 novels in a wide-range of genres: political suspense, private eye, urban suspense, humor, occult, crime caper, police procedural, espionage, historical, futuristic, amateur detective, thriller, and virtually every mystery subgenre.
* Bill McClellan is a columnist at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. He came to the newspaper in 1980 and was a night-police reporter before becoming a columnist in 1983.
* Eleanor Sullivan, a former registered nurse, has authored award-winning books in nursing, numerous journal articles, and been quoted in the Chicago Tribune, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and Rolling Stone. Ten years ago, she turned her attention to writing mystery fiction, publishing several medical mysteries.
* Qiu Xiaolong was born in Shanghai, China. He is the author of the award-winning Inspector Chen series of mystery novels. He currently resides in St. Louis.
For more information about any of these events, call 314-206-6779.# # #