Libraries & hours Holiday schedule Policies Press releases Employment Library Foundation Contact us More...
St. Louis, MO… The St. Louis Public Library’s popular NOT SO QUIET! Concert Series returns for its fourth season with FREE lunchtime concerts in the Old Post Office Plaza (located between Eighth and Ninth Streets on Locust) in the heart of dynamic downtown St. Louis. Enjoy your lunch with sun, splash, and toe-tapping sounds every Thursday in June and July from Noon to 1 p.m. All concerts are FREE and open to the public.
This summer’s NOT SO QUIET! Concert Series lineup features the sizzling sounds of some of the most diverse and popular musical acts in the region including:
* June 2: Park Avenue Jazz – Featuring John Farrar, the band performs traditional jazz with rich guitar work.
* June 9: Swing Set – Performs jazz from the 1930s and ’40s. Jump, jive, and wail with swing, jump, ballads, Latin, polkas, and waltzes.
* June 16: Dubtronix – Fronted by veteran KDHX programmer DJ Ranx, Dubtronix is a heavy reggae dub band that glides from smooth to spirited, sometimes in the space of a single song.
* June 23: Farshid Etniko – Exotic music featuring Middle Eastern instruments and Latin beats.
* June 30: BoogieFoot –Popular music with an R&B, funk, and classic rock kick.
* July 7: Magnolia Summer – Roots-rock with a similar feel Wilco and Son Volt. They've shared the stage with greats like Matthew Sweet, The Counting Crows, Cracker, and Robyn Hitchcock.
* July 14: Half Knots – Indie-rock music combining dulcimer, guitar, piano, and strings.
* July 21: Alvin Jett & Phat Noiz – A unique style of original music and blues, R&B, and rock standards.
* July 28: Sweet & Low – This guitar duo performs standards and pop favorites.
[NOTE: Concerts will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.]
For details, visit www.slpl.org or call 314-206-6779.
The NOT SO QUIET! Concert Series is made possible by a generous grant from the Downtown Community Improvement District.
# # #