Libraries & hours Holiday schedule Policies Press releases Employment Library Foundation Contact us More...
The goal of this competitive program is to increase after-school and summer program opportunities, particularly for diverse, lower-income middle school youth. MetLife Foundation selected grant recipients based on the strength of their plans for reaching young people and opportunities for hands-on involvement and input by youth participants. Selection also focused on creativity, innovation, organizational capacity and track record.
The grant recipients include:
* St. Louis Public Library Foundation (St. Louis)
* YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta (Atlanta)
* After School AllStars (Los Angeles)
* Lacer Afterschool Programs (Los Angeles)
* Educational Alliance, Inc. (New York City)
* Hamilton-Madison House (New York City)
* Queens Community House (New York City)
* Union Settlement Association (New York City)
* Boys & Girls Clubs of Providence (Providence, R.I.)
* Providence Afterschool Alliance (PASA) (Providence, R.I.)* YWCA Greater Rhode Island (Central Falls, R.I.)