Libraries & hours Holiday schedule Policies Press releases Employment Library Foundation Contact us More...
St. Louis, MO . . . The St. Louis Public Library is proud to host the Third Annual Living Life Expo! at its Baden Branch, 8448 Church Road, on October 9 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Medical professionals from healthcare facilities and other health-related organizations will be onsite to provide routine health screenings, answer questions, and give tips. The event is FREE and open to the public.
Visitors will be able to meet with representatives from:
* City of St. Louis Fire Department, Engine House 33: Fire safety.
* City of St. Louis Fire Department, Medic Unit 33
* City of St. Louis Health Department: Lead safety and disaster preparedness.
* Community Health in Partnership Service (CHIPS): Breast cancer information, blood glucose testing, and blood pressure check.
* Health Literacy Missouri
* “Health To Go” Mobile Health Unit Outreach of Grace Hill: Education and connections to health and community services, plus assistance completing applications for state health insurance.
* Institute of Family Medicine (IFM): Oral health information.* Lupus Foundation of America, Missouri Chapter: Lupus education and patient support.
* Medicare/Medicaid, Primaris (CLAIM): Unbiased information on Medicare.
* Riverview West Florissant Development Corporation
* St. Louis Public Library: Learn how to find and use reliable health-related databases and websites.
* St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Learn why vision health is important to your wellbeing.
* Sickle Cell – Missouri Foundation for Health: Education and patient support information for people living with sickle cell.
* Three Rivers Aikido: Demonstration of aikido, a non-violent martial art that uses deflections, joint locks, and throws to keep both victim and attacker free of harm.
Rashaad Isom and the Drop Out Band will keep The Expo moving with live music. Plus, there will be plenty of fun with Library mascot Theo Thesaurus, face painting, fortune telling, juggling, balloons, attendance prizes, and more!
For more information, call Jan at 314-388-2400.
Sponsored by Health Literacy Missouri. Major support provided by: Alderwoman Dionne Flowers, Riverview West Florissant Development Corporation, Creations by Karen, Shop ‘n Save, and 100 Black Men of Metropolitan St. Louis.# # #