Libraries & hours Holiday schedule Policies Press releases Employment Library Foundation Contact us More...
St. Louis, MO . . . The St. Louis Public Library is proud to announce the return of the second annual Baden Branch Living Life to the Fullest Expo. The community-enriching event takes place at the Baden Branch, 8448 Church Road, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 10. The event is FREE and open to the public.
Learn how to live a healthier, less stressful, and more profitable life as medical professionals and community organizations provide free health screenings, answer questions, and give tips on how to Live Life to the Fullest. And just for fun, there will be face painting, juggling, balloons, attendance prizes, Wii Bowling, and much more!
Featured indoor workshops will include:
* ALL DAY—Library staff will demonstrate using health-related databases and searching the Internet for reliable websites.
* 10:15-11 a.m.—Medicare/Medicaid Changes. Get up-to-date information about Medicare/Medicaid changes. Presented by Care Improvements Plus.
* 11:15 a.m.-Noon—Avoid Foreclosure. Learn to find help in preventing a foreclosure. Presented by Beyond Housing, Debbie Irwin.
* 12:15-1 p.m.—Reverse Mortgages. Learn the ins-and-outs of this latest mortgage program. Presented by AARP Speakers Bureau.
* 1:15-2 p.m.—Identity Theft. Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones. Presented by AARP Speakers Bureau.
Additionally, a host of community organizations will be on hand with outdoor information booths* including:
* AARP Speakers Bureau will present workshops regarding reverse mortgages and identity theft.
* The American Heart Association will provide information to help recognize the symptoms of both heart attacks and strokes.
* Beyond Housing is one of the St. Louis region’s leading providers of housing and support services for low-income families and homeowners.
* Care Improvements Plus will provide information and present a workshop regarding changes in Medicare/Medicaid.
* The Christian Hospital Diabetes Institute will provide FREE glucose screenings for all persons over the age of 18. Educational information on diabetes and the Christian Hospital Diabetes Institute will be provided.
* Disaster Preparedness of the St. Louis City Health Department will provide FREE information to help visitors be prepared for a disaster.
* The Green Center is a hands-on learning center for ecological preservation. Learn about the Calvary Cemetery Prairie Restoration Project.
* Health to Go, Mobile Health Unit Outreach of Grace Hill will provide education and links to health services and other community services including wellness education and FREE blood pressure checks.* Lead Safe of the St. Louis City Health Department will provide FREE lead poison testing and educational information.
* Lincoln University, located at Riverview and Hall Street, will provide information about its programs.
* Lupus Foundation of American, Missouri Chapter, will provide education and patient support information for people living with lupus.
* North 7 Star Revitalization Corporation will provide information and answer questions about the Baden Community.
* Paraquad will answer questions and provide information regarding independent living for people with disabilities.
* Prostate Cancer – Sponsored by 100 Black Men.
* Riverview West Florissant Development Corporation will present information regarding Baden community economic development.
* SLU Doisy College of Health Sciences – Nutrition & Dietetics will provide information on nutrition and shopping tips to maintain a healthy diet.
* St. Louis Fire Department - Safe House will promote fire safety awareness.
* St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department will provide Kids IDs.
* St. Louis Office for Developmental Disability Resources will provide information for people with learning disabilities.
* The Witness Project® is the breast and cervical cancer education group of the Siteman Cancer Center. Information will be provided on breast and cervical cancer. Visitors will also be shown how to perform a breast self-exam using a breast model.
(*IMPORTANT NOTE: In case of bad weather, booths will be relocated to St. Stephen’s United Church of Christ, 8500 Halls Ferry Rd.)
For details about the Baden Branch Living Life to the Fullest Expo, call Jan at 314-388-2400.
Major support provided by: Alderwoman Dionne Flowers; Automotion Alarm & Car Stereo Center; Broadway Mall Plaza; Church of God in Baden; Karen’s Flowers; North 7 Star Revitalization Corporation; Riverview West Florissant Development Corporation; and St. Stephen’s United Church of Christ.# # #