St. Louis, MO . . . The St. Louis Public Library’s popular NOT SO QUIET! Concert Series wraps up its 2009 season by warming up cool autumn evenings with sizzling outdoor concerts at the Old Post Office Plaza* at the corner of 8th and Locust Streets in the heart of dynamic downtown St. Louis. Join us after work every Thursday in October from 5-6:30 p.m. for some of the most diverse and popular musical acts in the region. All concerts are FREE and open to the public. No tickets required. [*NOTE: In case of bad weather, concerts will be held at Central Library, 1301 Olive Street.]
* The Dogtown Allstars get things started on October 1. Dedicated to vintage instrument sounds, the Allstars were voted St. Louis’ Best R&B/Funk/Soul Band of 2009 in the Riverfront Times Music Poll/Awards.
* Up next are The Hot House Sessions on October 8. The band pleases crowds from all walks of life with their unique brand of Afro-House-Fusion.
* Gumbohead brings the steamy sounds of New Orleans on October 15. Experience Louisiana dance music including zydeco, funk, blues, jazz, R&B, brass band, and traditional “second line” tunes.
* R&B fans rejoice as the Righteous Mind Project Featuring Sheneatha takes center stage on October 22. The band’s tight jams and Sheneatha’s soothing vocals will keep you on your feet.
* The series concludes as Kraig Kenning returns to St. Louis on October 29. The award-winning electric and acoustic slide guitarist crosses genres including contemporary folk, blues, roots rock, American fingerstyle, and Americana.
The NOT SO QUIET! Concert Series is made possible by a generous grant from Downtown Now!
For details, visit www.slpl.org or call 314-206-6779.# # #