A staycation is when you take vacation time from work and you "get away from it all" in the comfort of your own home. It is a vacation where you do not have to worry about packing, transportation and lodging. It can be a family bonding experience that will be memorable for a lifetime.
Bike snob : systematically and mercilessly realigning the world of cycling
[Eben Weiss] ; illustrations by Christopher Koelle.
San Francisco : Chronicle Books, c2010.
Cycling is exploding in a good way. Urbanites everywhere, from ironic hipsters to earth-conscious commuters, are taking to the bike like aquatic mammals to water. BikeSnobNYC cycling's most prolific, well-known, hilarious, and anonymous blogger brings a fresh and humorous perspective to the most important vehicle to hit personal transportation since the horse. Bike Snob treats readers to a laugh-out-loud rant and rave about the world of bikes and their riders, and offers a unique look at the ins and outs of cycling, from its history and hallmarks to its wide range of bizarre practitioners. Throughout, the author lampoons the missteps, pretensions, and absurdities of bike culture while maintaining a contagious enthusiasm for cycling itself. Bike Snob is an essential volume for anyone who knows, is, or wants to become a cyclist.
Bistro pizza at home : 130 pizza & flatbread recipes
Minocqua, WI : Willow Creek Press, c2010.
Bistro At Home instructs every step of the way in creating bistro quality meals from scratch. Each of the 95 finished pizzas and 35 flatbread recipes are illustrated in full-color. Readers draw upon an array of styles including Asian, Caribbean, Country Garden, Farmhouse Rustico, Paisano Primo, Ranch Grande, and Seafood Harvest to create their own signature dishes. A special, illustrated section describes in detail dough processing, flour selection and formation of both thin and deep dish crusts.
The ultimate trivial pursuit question and answer book.
New York : Puzzlewright 2009.
One of the largest collections of Trivial Pursuit questions ever compiled, this ultimate compendium covers art, entertainment, history, geography, science, sports, and more.
Here are some ideas to get you planning:
- Host a get together on the patio with your neighbors with a special theme.
- Visit those places you have only heard about and never got a chance to visit , a landmark or a new restaurant.
- Get some exercise, ride your bike on the bike trails.
- Find a special hide-a-way, indoors or out, to cozy up with a book you wanted to read.
- Create something for your home with an arts & crafts project.
- Rent some of your old favorite movies and donít forget the popcorn and boxes of theater size candy.
- Enjoy a family pizza night where they are just as fun to make, as it is to eat.
- Pack lunch in the cooler and head out to the state park to swim, boat or hike.
- Take in some culture visit a museum.
- Plan a game night using both video and board games.
For you next vacation, stay home and find new and exciting things to do in your city.
A Staycation is a solution for those who are short on funds or do not like travel delays.
Article by: St. Louis Public Library staff