After you develop some routines you may want to learn more about the colorful flowing costumes. A costume consists of four parts:hip belt, bra, skirt and arm accessories.
produced by GoddessLife ; created by Dolphina.
Port Washington, NY : KOCH Entertainment ; [Thousand Oaks, CA] : StudioWorks, , c2002.
- "Beyond basics bellydance"--Container.
- A cardiovascular belly dance workout to increase flexibility while toning and contouring the body and cultivating physical and spiritual strength.
The way of the belly : 8 essential secrets of beauty, sensuality, health, happiness, and outrageous fun
Neena & Veena with Nancy Bruning.
Carlsbad, Calif. : Hay House, 2006.
This is a book with an accompanying DVD
The bellydance body : five ten minute workouts with Suhaila
Naturaljourneys ; Goldhil DVD ; Anthem Pictures ; David Nakahara Enterprises, Inc. & Goldhil Home Media International ; director/producer, David Nakahara.
[Camarillo, CA] : Naturaljourneys : Distributed by Goldhil Home Media International, 
- Instructor: Suhaila Salimpour.
- Originally released in 2004.
- Special features: Dolby 5.1 surround sound, bonus Raks Suhaila solo dance, workout without narration, photo gallery, trailers.
- Includes five 10-minute workouts mixing and matching routines of pilates, yoga, dance combinations, buns, and jazz.
Bellydance for romance with Jayna
David Nakahara Enterprises, Inc. & Goldhil Home Media International ; writer & choreographer, Jayna, Emily Mayne ; director/producer, David Nakahara.
Camarillo, CA : Naturaljourneys : Goldhil Video, , c2004.
- DVD, Dolby 5.1. Includes both widescreen and full screen versions.
- Instructor: Jayna Kouzouyan ; participants: Donna Quesada, Emily Mayne.
- Director of photography, Luc G. Nicknair ; art director, Roger Ambrose ; editor, David Kern ; music composer, Michael Cox ; wardrobe ; Tasha Nichole Mobley.
- Belly dance instruction with nine sensual, playful routines.
Are you looking for an exercise that's more fun than working out at the gym? Belly dance moves can help you to get in shape. Belly dancing shapes, tightens and tones your body. It can make you feel good physically and mentally.
Belly dancing was performed by women and for women. It was a dance to honor fertility and to recreate a symbol of childbirth. While the belly dance is considered a feminine art form, there are masculine styles of the dance and costuming for men.
Today belly dancing is a popular dance form of expression, and can keep you fit and healthy. It works on the core muscles of your abdomen, back and hips. Dancing can trim your thighs and firm your buttock. Enhance your workout with a veil to strengthen and sculpt the upper body and help maintain good posture.
Dancing provides a good cardio workout and helps you become more flexible and limber. You can trim down by burning calories using your entire body including your shoulders, hands, legs and feet.
Belly dancing is suitable for all ages and body types, and can be as physical as you choose. It is low impact so you can go at it for longer periods of time. Simple movements can be combined into numerous routines.
For a fun workout that improves your body image and self-esteem, start swiveling those hips.
Article by: St. Louis Public Library staff